Friday, May 29, 2009

What do you need to be an entrepreneur?

Is it tough metal, decision making power, convincing power or a post graduate degree? I have gone through all these text book answers over and over again for the last two years. I will just share what works for me. In a day's work you have to make tough decisions, show some mental toughness to bloopers and unforeseen expenses and issues that rise from nowhere. You  have to be steady when you have a months salary left in your bank account and you have people leaving the company for a better job and also when you cannot meet the deadline ( I haven't seen anyone doing that as yet ). The problems are immense and never ending. If you start contemplating, you will end up in a vicious circle. 

I decided to become an entrepreneur when I realized the difference in working for someone and working for yourself. I think entrepreneurship teaches you to know your limitations and then come over them. In every new challenge there is a lesson to be learned. I am not scared of challenges anymore, I am on the lookout for the new ones every time. I just affirm faith in myself and keep moving forward. 

It is the passion and love for what I believe in. I must be honest here, I am a bit dreamy. I dream about my goals with open eyes. I dream about reaching to the end of the tunnel and imagine how life will be at the other end. I must confess it was not the same. Bigger projects mean bigger responsibilities, more working hours and more head scratching. It pushes me from inside to go out there and bring out the best I can. One thing I have learned is that you have to be alert with a sound mind all the time. You cannot spend long hours coding yourself because you never know when an opportunity comes banging at your doorsteps. You should be on guard most of the time and take out time to think ... where do you go from here. 


It is said in our world... If you dont grow... You Stultify!

1 comment:

Utpal said...

Hi Pramir,

"I think entrepreneurship teaches you to know your limitations and then come over them. In every new challenge there is a lesson to be learned."

I totally agree with you here even though I have yet to start my own venture. But I am on my way - and the beginning itself has taught me this : this is not a story of the odds that are stacked up against you but the story of how you beat those odds. And therein lies the fun and sense of achievement.

Went through your blog and found it enriching. Looking forward to read more of you. All the best in your efforts and keep going.

So long then ...