Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An Eventful Year...

I saw the stock market crash, the investors unwilling to invest in new ventures, not many new ventures coming up and the ones that are there are on the verge on annihilation. People starting from my lawyer to my coworkers are facing the crisis. Even my venture on retail has taken a hit. People are not ready to invest in new things, they just want to play safe. 

I have faced a time, when I had to postpone salaries, bills and rent. The money in my account was to pay my employees for a month and with no money assured in the future. This is one equation I knew will come to me as well. I wont say this was easy, but it was my personal relations that came in handy. The last month, I have been busy with interns from JUIT. The guys are motivated to the core. They bring in so much energy to work that gives me motivation to move ahead. 

Since September I was busy with the Jaypee Education Institutes. We successfully completed the design of a JUIT website and the Notice Management System. Both were well appreciated. We got another contract based on our work. This was satisfying. The success of this project opened a lot of opportunities in this sector for the company. Thus we survived the disaster. The project promises regular income for sometime. But I guess it is time to pull up something foolish, something that will be the biggest risk of my career. Steve Jobs once said in his speech in Stanford... Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

I don't have any idols, but yes now after a year and 2 months, I feel this line explains a lot about entrepreneurship. 

1 comment:

Happy said...

Good job dude.,.,... All d best for the future.,.,... :)