Friday, September 19, 2008

My First Big Deal...

People say it was brave on my part to venture out. Some say it was a premature decision. Frankly, I did not care at all. I was holding on to something, my spirit, my dream and my sister's words. I had no reason to stop!

It was in october when I first came to gurgaon, to make it BIG! :) I had no idea of what was going around me, no place to stay, nothing to start with! It took me two months to finally come to life. My dad was very kind to give me what he was saving for me for all these years and by december I had my first office. I had an idea in my mind, that was very immature and impractical, but it did raise a few eyebrows when it was talked about.


I used to attend conferences in New Delhi by TiE and ASSOCHAM. They were highly rich in content and a good place for networking and discussing ideas. I could polish my ideas in these conferences and then finally I decided to start a private limited firm. The name was decided 3 years back... INNOVATRIX. So I went ahead and started a hunt for a CA. I met a Chartered Accountant in Gurgaon... he talked to me for 10 min. and charged me 750/- bucks. A very close lawyer friend adviced me... that I should search for a lawyer. I found a lawyer close to my house and started the process of making a company.

A bit delayed but yet a grand inauguration happened on 19th Feb 2008. I could not believe my eyes, all of jaipur was there in my teeny-tiny office that very day. I could make out... happiness on their face was real! For a next few months I was working alone in the office. I needed a few people to start with, the idea was there... the launch pad had to be made. Anshul, Shashank and Archit pursuing MBA joined me and so did Shivam from the TECH CLUB. We started working on the website and formulating strategies to be implemented. We could decode one latest software in about 3 weeks (thanks to shivam) and in the next one month, everything fell into shape. The launching pad was ready. But just then... I met medury sir. He heard from me and looked at my projects and offered me a contract for all three websites!!


This came as a surprise for me. I sent the proposal... but no immediate response came. By this time I needed money for marketing and paying up salaries. I thought this would go in vain and I left it aside. But then one fine day I called him up and he said.. Come to JUIT... we'll strike a deal! I was ecstatic! I decided to accept the offer and prepare for the deal. Finally, I went to JUIT where it just felt like.. I was back home. I walked for 5 kms to the campus with a heavy bag on my shoulders. I wanted to enjoy every bit of it. Then came the question... how much should I quote. This was tough for me because the deal was with a University. I could not think of a price that would leave all of us satisfied.

I finally decided on something, which I thought would be negotiated. But I could not believe my eyes when Medury sir agreed on the amount and we had a deal!! And an assurance for the more in the next few months... I HAD MY FIRST BIG DEAL!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Analyzing the thoughts are thinkers
Analyzing the works are Achivers...

Nice blog keep,keep analyzing your work.

Anmol Gagroo said...

i have seen him in college working for the tech club,when u see him u can hardly see any tension,his face will light u up........he has worked hard to achieve this.............. i call him pramir sir :)

Anshul Pachouri said...

I really too agree that innovatrix was not easy. When I joined innovatrix, i feel myself under pressure to deliver my best. But soon i realize that there is nothing like pressure in innovatrix. The simple funda is enjoy to the peak, work to the peak, sleep to the peak, drink to the peak & perform to the peak.

Its really a nice, wonderful & unforgettable experience to associate with innovatrix. It really helps in not only understanding but also facing and fighting with operational challenges of a new company. Remember that every company has to struggle one time in his start. I think that innovatrix is going to pass this period soon.

ANIL SHARMA said...

HATS OFF TO U
keep it up pramir sir.......
CHEER`S

Anupam said...

way to go dude
really hope u get more successes like these in future

Radix Associates said...

heights are achieved on mountains..
bt dis iz a race fr the sky ...


hatzz ov to u sir ...
keep it up ..

Abhishek said...

Dear Pramir
This is the first ever time i visited ur blog and now i really feel proud that I was associated with such an ambitious person.

Long way to go ahead.

Keep all the good work going.
May god grant innovatrix all success in life

shweta said...

I have seen you evolving...
So i know its the first mile stone in the great journey you are going for...
first deal of the numerous you gonna crack...
and first celebration of the unlimited to come....
I know you'll go far beyond this..
To acheive ur dreams...
and beyond that too...

Wishes and Luck
Shavi

Unknown said...

All I have to say is that, I want more assignments Mr. CEO !!

Wonderful effort, this blog! Hope it will evolve into a Golden Memoir soon.

Unknown said...

Hiii Pramir,
Its really amazing to see you touching sky in this competitive world. Hats off to your spirit which has made it possible to achieve this milestone. I know this is just a beginning and m eagerly looking forward to see you achieving much more than this... :)
hey dnt forget the agreement, u have to give sme shares free of cost... ;) haha!!!
Jaldi se BSE mein list up ho ja...phir aur bhi maze karenge...
All the best for future endeavors!!!
Wish you luck...
Best Wishes,
Neelakshi.

Unknown said...

Just read the Blog .....
Good work Pramir....
Just go On......

Anonymous said...

amazingly amazing bruv..!!
wish u luck n success ol da wae ahead..
rockh onn..!!

Prateek said...

Dear Pramir ,
You've cracked it!..Knew you could
Your driving test you've passed
It's all over now, a job well done
The 'L' plates gone at last
But just make sure you take heed
Of what's in the Highway Code
Please keep safe and drive with care
It's really great to know you've passed!
Now you can ditch those L-plates at last!

congratulation on your Success Buddy!

Regards
Prateek Bansal(Maddy)